"Here is yet another attempt to keep you up to date on our day-to-day adventures." M. Polischuk -2008

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Spring Cleaning

The weather was nice and we have had to deal with the dog odor rocks for almost a year now. So, without much further explaining, I was off the the local Lowes store to buy some supplies. With my helpful sidekick Spencer, we left the store with rake, shovels, wheelbarrow, and gloves inhand. Once home, the kids were very eager to get to work. It's kind of sad that there shovels actually cost more than mine, but what do you do. It's the novelty of have smaller shovels I guess. Shoveling rocks must be hard work, because after a few shovels full, the kids were pretty much done, and it was up to me to finish the work. I set to work on the nasty dog run on the side of the home and had to lock myself in to prevent the kidders from getting hurt. I set to removing the almost decayed piece of plywood, and then performed a thorough trimming of the overgrown tree. It's a much nicer place for the cats to relax on those hots days now. If you look closely at the picture, it almost looks like I am forcing the kids to shovel, and you can see the fear in Abigail's eyes. In reality though, they are always willing to help, even when it's not really helpful.

No comments: